Been thinking about writing a book? Want to start a podcast? What’s stopping you? “Girl, Do It!” Check out this week’s episode with Karen Williams, BCPCLC, Founder and Lead Coach @ COACH4LIFE, LLC, Las Vegas. Karen and I discuss the importance of “saying those things we want to do” then making them a reality.
Also, check us out Saturday, 5/22 at 12p ET on ICW LIve on IG ~ From LA.
This week’s Guest is…
· Born in Montego Bay, Jamaica – moved around and lived with several different family members from birth to age 6 – lived with friends of my Mom from age 6-16 – then migrated to the U.S. at age 16 – Mount Vernon, NY summer of 1984
o Graduated: Mt. Vernon, High School 1986, and Joined the US Air Force right after
· Military career took me from NY to Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Germany, South Korea, Italy & The Pentagon VA
o Met my husband 30+ years ago in Korea – together we have a blended family of 4 adult children
· Gave up the military in 1998 to be a stay-at-home Mom, meanwhile homeschooling 2 of our children and attending Victory Christian Ministry School of Ministry (Now Victory Bible College) in Suitland, MD
o After graduation, joined the teaching team (part-time) until our move to Las Vegas in the summer of 2005
· Started at Allegiant Air to earn extra income, wasn’t looking for a career in aviation – 12months later I was graduating from their Flight Attendant Training Program
o Meanwhile, our new church home Canyon Ridge Christian Church, was growing fast and needed lay counselors, I registered for the 9month program, received my certification – the ministry would later evolve into Biblical Care Coaching – which was really setting me up for what I’m doing now – it’s an opportunity to serve my community
· Wanted to coach on a broader scale, got certified by American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) then Board-credentialed by the International Board of Christian Care (IBCC) – Jan 2020
· Started Coach4Life, LLC Jul 2020 – Steady growing my Practice – recently published my first book, Take No Thought: 52 Week Guided Journal for the Overthinker available on Amazon
Ways to Connect
WATCH + LISTEN + SUBSCRIBE + SHARE
Let's #Soar and #ElevateWOCVoices!